Leaving google mocks aside for the moment, I realised that not only did I needed coverage reports, but I also should start to document my code a bit better so I could automate creation of the documentation at a later date.
Having used doxygen several times in the past, this was an obvious choice and just needed a few things setting up. Firstly install the thing:- apt-get install doxygen and an old but stable version is ready in a minute or two. (It took a while to install because of the latex and rtf dependencies needed installing too)
Then I needed a config file doxygen -g Doxyfile inside the root of my code tree is enough to get a boilerplate. I customised the Doxyfile a bit to just create html reports and some specifics for C/C++ but generally its as it comes and is very straightforward to edit. Of course if you install the Doxygen Gui it will do it all for you.
Just a quick rant. I wanted to add coverage logging information for my unit test stuff. So I add the flags, only to find out that libcocos2d extensions library is not compiled correctly.
Now I’m just repeatedly fixing coding errors in their tests. Grr.
I’ll be back with real info on setting gcov, lcov and getting code coverage in general soon.
I’ve got a sublime text licence, and if my old laptop had just that bit more memory it would run like a dream. However if I’ve got a browser and a couple of terminals open it struggles to keep going. Of course if a Macbook were to suddenly appear in my life then these issues would go away but I’ll have to keep dreaming a bit longer.
So for my programming project I decided to fall back to vim. Old habits die hard and its so easy to add some useful plugins. Continue reading
Yes it begins, I’ve restarted my blog, and I’ve started developing a game idea. There I’ve said it and announced it to the world!
I’ve written native iOS, written bits of java and bits of C,C++ over the years for different projects and for this one I decided to try out a few frameworks. My preference was for something that would be cross platform so I didn’t have to fully program in java for Android, and fully do iOS etc. After a brief bit of time playing with lua systems like corona, gideros and moai I found them either closed or restrictive and not as hackable as I’d like.